Saturday, March 29, 2008

Milk and Cookies


So the night I made the bread pudding, Derrick came home to a house that smelled of warm chocolate chip cookies. He got this big smile on his face and said, "Are you making cookies for me?" I felt so guilty when I told him that yummy bubbly dish in the oven wasn't for him. He flashed a sad face at me. My heart melted and I broke out the mixer.

He had had a hard week and really, truly deserved some homemade cookies. His favorites are peanut butter and then chocolate chip. I went with chocolate chip. I'm not sure which part he loves more- the dough or the cookie. Either way, he got a little of both and was happy as a clam.
I sure do love that man.

Homemade chocolate chip cookies
Ingredients:
2 sticks unsalted butter- softened

3/4 cup brown sugar

3/4 cup sugar

2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

2 cups all purpose flour

1/4 cup cake flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1 dash salt

1 bag chocolate chips


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350

Cream butter, add sugars, then eggs, then vanilla.

Sift together flours, soda, and salt.

Add flour mix to butter mix.

Fold in chips.

Scoop Tbsp. sized dough balls onto cookie sheet (I use a cookie scoop)
Bake 10 minutes or until golden.
Best served warm with big 'ole glass of milk (and not skim)...

Enjoy!

No comments: