Wednesday, August 13, 2008

How I Love Thee, Brownie, Let Me Count the Ways...


About a week ago, Derrick wanted something sweet, but I had nothing for him. No ice cream. No fresh cherries. No dried apricots. Nothing. Instead I offered up some fresh brownies and he jumped at the opportunity to have something baked all to his own. He always feels neglected when I bake for other people, so I try to make something special for him every once in a while. What can I say? I am a sucker for that man.

I used my Martha Stewart Baking book again. It did not dissappoint. These puppies were good. Real good. Take them to work so I don't eat them all good. I had to keep them in the house though because they were all for Derrick. Darn it. Made with bittersweet chocolate and loads of eggs, they were moist, dense and topped with that cracked crust we all love. Derrick asked me to make them again, but next time with milk chocolate. I don't know if it's safe to have a whole pan of those in the house again, but I will make them because I love him.

These brownies are perfect for ice cream sundaes, making chocolate covered brownie bites for parties, or when you want a chocolate fix quick. They would also be great to swirl with a cream cheese mixture for marbled brownies. A great recipe to hold on to for quick yummy brownies.

If you would like to try the recipe, click here: Martha Stewart Fudgy Chocolate Brownies

9 comments:

Prudy said...

Brownies are my favorite sweet around the house. Lucky man- lucky you.

Grace said...

dense, rich, and picture-perfect are what i'd call these brownies. very nicely done. :)

Sophie said...

Wow! These look super moist in the center! I actually really like the fact that they're made with a not too sweet chocolate. I like the richness of dark chocolate :)! I bet these went fast, I know my hubby would've certainly gobbled them up. These are his favorite dessert :).

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Okay... brownies are EVERYWHERE in food blog land right now... I think it's some sort of sign...

:D *drool*

A. Lee said...

yummm...makes me want a brownie!!
I miss you...I called you on your BD...hope you got the message. I called you 5 times...you were unreachable! :)
btw...just updated my blog, hopefully I can keep it going now...
Love you!

Mara said...

ha ha i wanted brownies so badly last week, instead i made healthy muffins! i have been eating WAY too many sweets. those look AMAZING, lucky D.

the southern hostess said...

You can't beat a brownie! They are my go-to when I'm craving a sweet.

Janna said...

Prudy- I am lucky! He is a good hubby! He deserved those brownies!

Grace-Thanks, Grace!

Sophie-I'm with you on the not too sweet chocolate. :) The darker the better.

HTEAC-I think so too! I think you should make some brownie cupcakes. :)

Allison- I miss you too and I called you back and you were unreachable! Whaaa! I read your blog! I want to see pictures of your townhouse!

Mara- I have been eating healthier. Partly becuase I am addicted to Greek salad right now. I can't get enough of cucumbers for some reason. :)

Southern Hostess-So good, especially with ice cream on top.

Mrs.Mom said...

YOU HAVE SOME REALLY YUMMY-GREAT IDEAS!!! My daughter is turning one in about 2 weeks, this blog has been a blessing! Thank you for sharing