Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Bark- Better Late than Never


When I saw this concoction on Recipe Girl's blog, I knew I had to make it. It is easy, colorful and filled with yummy things that everyone loves.

All you have to do is line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Top the wax paper with bits of pretzel, oreos, candy corn, and anything else you love that works well together.

I used candy corn along with mini pretzels, mini oreos and added salted peanuts. Once your wax paper is lined with your goodies, you melt white candy coating (or vanilla bark coating) in the microwave and pour or pipe it over the top. Sprinkle colorful jimmies over the cooling vanilla bark and voila. Let the bark chill for a few minutes in the fridge.

Once it is cool, break it into junks. I bagged them in individual servings tied with festive ribbon (but forgot to take pictures of that) for Derrick's staff. The best part is you can make this for any holiday. Replace the candy corn with holiday M&Ms, york peppermint patties or any other favorite holiday candy and you'll have a Christmas treat.

10 comments:

sassy stephanie said...

Looks easy and unique! I will have to try this for Christmas.

Love your fancy schmancy new look!

Mary said...

Oh my this looks so tasty! Fortunately all I have left over from Halloween is tootsie pops and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't work.
Maybe for Christmas

RecipeGirl said...

Great! Glad you got some inspiration and tried it out. I see that you used mini oreos- great idea- and peanuts. Yum!

Now we'll have to come up with some sort of fun Christmas bark :)

1215656559s20768 said...

I saw this , too, and need to print off the recipe. It has everything that I love...cookies, pretzels, candy corn... I could make a meal out of it.

Warner said...

I want some!!

The Potts Family said...

I think I'll do that for Christmas. Its one of your concoctions I think I can actually manage! :)

Lisa said...

I love the sweet and salty combo.

Ingrid said...

Yum, yum! I wanted to try this too but never got around to it. The cakeballs and nutterbutters took forever to dip!

I can't wait to see what you do with it for the upcoming holiday season!
~ingrid

Andi said...

This is just too cute! I'm certain everyone in Derrick's office was happy with their bark.

Mara said...

those are so cute...! you always have the best ideas for fun stuff. Derrick's office must LOVE you.