Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Cupcake Eye Candy


There is still baking going on at Honeyed Hashette. Not just cooking. My husband and I have a little brother with Big Brothers Big Sisters (we're a Big Family). Our little came over Sunday to watch football and bake cupcakes. He just turned 8 and also just saw "The Green Hornet". Being the girl that I am, I had Valentine's Day treats in mind for us to make for his family. When I asked him if he wanted to make pink icing, he looked at me like I had a third eyeball in the middle of my forehead. "How about green?", I asked. He smiled and nodded. Green icing it was. I did convince him to use cute heart sprinkles since some of these cupcakes would be gifted to his mom and little sister. He's a sweet kid.

The cupcakes themselves were fluffy chocolate. My go recipe which can be found here and here.

The icing was a traditional Wilton vanilla buttercream with a twist...a dash of rum extract (don't worry- it is alcohol free). SO yummy. Our little declared it the best icing ever as he licked the first spatula clean and decided a second spatula needed to be covered in icing too.

Here there are all decorated and ready to be eaten. We did too, even Baby Clara. Sunday cupcakes are a nice treat. I can't wait until Clara can be my baking partner.

Our little had fun putting extra heart sprinkles on the cupcake for his mom, which I thought was especially sweet.

I love Valentine's baking goodies!

1 comment:

Crepes of Wrath said...

Oh Dean and Deluca - why must you tempt me to go into that store? :) The cupcakes are absolutely adorable.